Less than 6 months remain before the employer mandate under US health care reform must be implemented. A number of reform rules apply when a US company has a foreign partner or owner, including those located in Canada, and the penalties for non-compliance can be severe – up to 1/2 million in IRS imposed tax fines.
Please join us at a complementary seminar where HUB’s Health Care Practice Chief Compliance Ofﬁcer reviews what the impending changes mean to you, discusses what your obligations are as a company with US employees, and provides insight on how you can develop your organization’s compliance strategies.
- Calgary – Monday, September 29th, 3-6 pm – Hotel Arts, 119 12th Avenue SW
- Edmonton – Tuesday, September 30th, 3-6 pm – Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, 10065 100th Street
- Winnipeg – Wednesday, October 1st, 3-6 pm – Manitoba Club, 194 Broadway
- Vancouver – Thursday, October 2nd, 3-6 pm – Ter minal City Club, 837 West Hastings Street
*RSVP at www.hubhcr.ca
Seminar Will Include Information Regarding:
- How US health care refor m rules apply when a US company or companies have a foreign parent or owner
- Penalties for non-compliance
- Obligations, strategies and solutions for compliance
- Maintaining effective beneﬁt plans while holding costs in check
- Creating a 3-5 year strategic plan
N.B. By attending this seminar, both Accounting and HR Professionals are eligible for 2 hours of continuing education credits
Updates and changes to US Health Care Reform can be found at:
Sibyl is a nationally recognized speaker on health care reform, medical plan design trends, state and federal laws and human resources issues. She has presented at numerous national conferences. She is a widely published author on health care reform, employee beneﬁts, tax and labor law issues.
In December 2013, the House of Representatives invited Sibyl to testify on health reform impacts to their Small Business Committee in Washington, D.C. She currently serves on an IRS Advisory Council for the Gulf Coast.