The Money Talks Trading Challenge Rules
THE MONEY TALKS TRADING CHALLENGE (THE “CHALLENGE”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CHALLENGE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CHALLENGE RULES (THE “CHALLENGE RULES”). THE CHALLENGE IS A STOCK MARKET SIMULATION GAME AND ALL TRADES MADE IN THE CONTEST SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE ACTUAL STOCK MARKET TRADES
1. Trading Sandbox vs. Trading Challenge. The Trading Sandbox allows Registrants to track their progress and evaluate how well their stocks are doing, without affecting their challenge results. The Trading Challenge is what determines a player trade’s success in the challenge and what a player will be evaluated on for community ranking.
2. Eligible Securities. Registrants can buy or short any common stock, preferred stock, or ETF (each, a “Stock”) listed on NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX, TSX or OTCBB securities exchange that is quoted by Stockscores with a daily number of trades of 1 or higher. Registrants cannot trade pink sheet stocks, mutual funds, options, futures, or bonds.
3. Order Types and Trade Execution. Market, limit, and stop orders will be accepted. All orders are executed at the real-time bid/ask prices when placed during market hours. Due to TSX, NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX regulations, the Challenge Website will display a delayed price estimate for 15-20 minutes. Each transaction made by a Registrant will automatically appear in the Registrant’s Trade Tracker transaction history.
Orders placed while the markets are closed will be executed at an appropriate bid/ask price shortly after the market opens and will be contingent on trading volume on that particular Stock. If the Stock requested has not traded that day the trade will be cancelled.
Transactions placed after market hours can be viewed in the Registrant’s Trade Tracker history. Pending transactions can be cancelled until 9:25 am ET on the day the trade is scheduled for execution. Pending market orders placed on halted stocks will be cancelled if trading does not resume by the end of the day.
Limit and stop orders may be placed as “Day” orders which are good for the day only, or as “GTC” orders, which are good until cancelled.
4. Short Sells. Short sells are permitted and short orders do not need an uptick to be filled.
5. Splits, Dividends and other Corporate Actions. Most Stock splits, dividends, and other corporate actions reported by the news wires will be accounted for after the markets have closed and prior to the next market opening. These situations may cause account values to be misrepresented until the reconciliation occurs.
6. Trading Halts. Halted, restricted, and blocked Stocks will not be available for trading. Any trade that is confirmed after trading has been halted will be reversed.
7. Cancelling Market Orders. Registrants cannot cancel market orders placed during market hours.
8. Discrepancies. Registrants must report any account discrepancy within one (1) week from the transaction date. Stockscores will investigate and adjust any valid discrepancy. Discrepancies reported after one (1) week may or may not be adjusted at Stockscores’ sole discretion. All decisions of Stockscores will be final.
9. Initial Public Offerings. Initial Public Offerings (“IPOs”) may only be traded once they are listed on the exchange and their quotes are carried by Stockscores. Pending trades on IPOs will be executed at the market price, not the IPO price.
10. Winners and Leader Board. Registrants’ positions on the leader board are unofficial.
11. Indemnification by Registrant. By registering for the Stockscores Trading Challenge, Registrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Registrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, participation in the Contest, or any breach of the Contest Rules. The Registrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Stockscores Trading Challenge, without limitation.
12. Limitation of Liability. Stockscores Analytics assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, trades, notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of a trade. Stockscores Analytics is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Stockscores Trading Challenge or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Stockscores Trading Challenge. Stockscores Analytics assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Stockscores Analytics is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Stockscores Analytics is not responsible for any injury or damage to Registrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in any Stockscores Trading Challenge. Stockscores Analytics assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Stockscores Trading Challenge cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of Stockscores, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Stockscores Trading Challenge and the www.stockscores.com website.
13. Conduct. By participating in the Challenge, each Registrant agrees to be bound by the Stockscores Trading Challenge Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STOCKSCORES ANALYTICS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
14. Privacy/Use of Personal Information.
By participating in the Stockscores Trading Challenge, Registrant: (a) grants to Stockscores Analytics the right to use his/her name, mailing address, and e-mail address for the purpose of administering the challenge, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the competitors; and (b) acknowledges that Stockscores Analytics may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers.
By opting-in online you consent to Stockscores Analytics’ disclosure of your Personal Information and to notify you about related products or services.
15. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Stockscores Analytics. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
16. Termination. Subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, Stockscores Analytics reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Stockscores Trading Challenge, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Stockscores Trading Challenge, and/or the contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
17. Law. These are the official Stockscores Trading Challenge rules. The challenge is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Stockscores Analytics. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the Registrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Stockscores Trading Challenge shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
18. Language Discrepancy. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Stockscores Trading Challenge materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Stockscores Trading Challenge Rules shall prevail, govern and control.