Non-redeemable GICs generally yield a higher return because your funds are locked-in and cannot be cashed before the maturity date.
- Guaranteed interest rate
- Security of principal
- Available for Non-Registered, RRSP or RRIF portfolios.
- Competitive rates and a full range of terms from 30 days to 10 years for non-registered GICs, and 90 days to 5 years for RRSPs/RRIFs.
- Interest payment options ranging from monthly to annually.
- Rate can be “reserved” or pre-booked up to 14 days in advance on renewals and new purchases for non-registered plans.
- Rates can be guaranteed for up to 35 days prior to maturity, and 60 days for RRSP/RRIF transfers-in
- Can be renewed automatically on maturity.
- Existing GICs can be automatically transferred from your RRSP to your RRIF without any change in terms or rates.
- U.S. dollar GICs can protect against currency fluctuations by providing regular income in U.S. dollars (non-registered only).
- Issued by The Bank of Nova Scotia, Scotia Mortgage Corporation, Montreal Trust Company of Canada, and National Trust Company.